What's new

Capped bust profile

Surfline

Full Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2021
Messages
124
Reaction score
245
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
SeaHunter PI
BBS Excalibur
I was recently reading on the forum a discussion about the profile of Liberty’s face / obverse side on capped bust coins.

Here is a farm field find, capped bust half dime, 1829, for comparison to others you may have.

- Surfline
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5879.webp
    IMG_5879.webp
    290.7 KB · Views: 78
I love my capped bust halves.😍 I’ve thought about going after dimes and quarters. These coins can take on a cameo look with a dark background and contrasting devices. They’re still reasonably priced.
IMG_2069.webp
IMG_2071.webp
 
there are a TON of varieties for these coins. Especially the date numerals and the face. The are surprisingly affordable too.
 
there are a TON of varieties for these coins. Especially the date numerals and the face. The are surprisingly affordable too.
I will look into these, thank you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom