Capt. Sparrows old hotel hunt.(UPDATED)

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
Capt. Sparrow's old hotel hunt.(UPDATED)

I will be checking out this site on April 10th. at around 10a.m. If anyone would like to join me you are more then welcome to meet me at the site. The Captain put out the go ahead without him due to issues at home. Thanks for the info, Captain. I will post anything I find. Happy Hunting. Email me if anyone is interested to meet up.

Rebelinmass

Re: Capt. Sparrow's old hotel hunt.

Unfortunately, I will not be there. Thursday is not a day I can travel and detect, as my family has appts. and I have to teach in the evening.

Good luck though! Hopefully I can find someone to hook up with in Western Mass sometime!

Looks like I am out. My coworker had a death in his family so I am all alone on Thursday.

Stanjam,
Where are you located?
I'm in Barre. Maybe we can hookup sometime.
Wil

I am in West Springfield. Would be great to find someone to hunt with a bit!

Re: Capt. Sparrow's old hotel hunt.(UPDATED)

Went out today for a couple of hours. There is no doubt that this would have been a great hotel in its time. The foundation is only a few feet from the boat launch. It appears that when the state did the boat ramp they must have took all the ground and placed it over the old foundation. You can find a set of old stairs leading up to some slight hills in the dirt. I dug up some newer style cans at about 5 inches or so plus tons of other surface type trash. All this leads me to believe that alot of fill was put over the foundation. I did find .35 cents from the old town beach not far from the site. The oldest was a nickel at 1992.

I'm sure that there must be some old stuff here but it would take alot of time to get to it. I live about 70 miles away so it would not be a project that I would be able to do. Be advised that there is alot of cans in the area. If you enjoy getting pop tops then this is the place as it offers both types. Bottle tops are plenty as well. I hope someone can hit it proper to let us know what lies beneath. I gave it my best shot and it kicked my butt. Happy Hunting.

Rebelinmass

Thanks for the report.

What machine were you using, btw?

_Rich_

i forgot to check in........ :'( :'( :'( :'( i would have loved to try it !!!
is it a big area ???

It's fairly long area about 100 yards wide. The woods are easy to navigate around and it looks as if it is public land for quite the ways. It would be a great place for a group hunt to really hit it good. The boat ramp only had a few boat trailers ,the traffic on the road is light for a lake area. If you need more info just ask, as I hope this helps out. By the way Green, you've had some great finds so far.

Rebelinmass

thanx.. i stopped posting my finds on t net a while back...thinkin about starting again... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back