Careful with the Minelab Pro-Swing bungy cord!!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought the Minelab Pro-Swing a few months ago, and it works great. One of the things that it has is a bungy cord. Its very easy to lose this cord. If you need a replacement, its $40!!!!!!

The reason is, you have to buy an entire spares kit that includes the detector clamp, velcro, bungy, j-tube, and other things you probably didn't want. Frustrating that Minelab doesn't let you buy individual pieces. I paid $129 for this harness, now lose a bungy and have to pay $40 more, and who knows I may lose the bungy again………..be careful.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks signal. I'm planning to buy one this week. The harness itself seems a bit cumbersome from pics. Is it comfortable?
Thanks
Peace

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Its comfortable, but getting the J hook thing adjusted right can be tricky.

A few comments on the harness:

I don't like how the bungy can easily come out of the harness or detector side. They should have the option to "lock" the clips, then if you keep one side locked, you never have to worry about losing the bungy.

The harness should have more attachment points, d-rings, etc.

The belt part of the harness is very limited. its not like you have 360 degrees of attachment points. You have to undo the velcro and then undo the velcro keepers for the belt which give you very little real estate to loop things on. In fact my Minelab finds pouch doesn't even fit comfortably I have to bunch it up.

The adjustability is very good. The quality seems very good. The strain relief works great. The adjustment of the detector level using the bungy fastener is great.

On me, the harness rides up on me, and I have to pull it down. It may be that I don't have it quite adjusted right yet. I have been using it for over a month.

129.00 is a lot of money for this thing. But if it lasts a long time, it may be worth it. I found I could detect much longer using it, I did 3 hours straight of swinging on the beach with very little breaks.

Biggest gripe is that I should be able to purchase any piece on that harness, at a fair price plus shipping. i expect it to be serviceable, and having to buy a $40 kit of spares isn't a solution, because you only get 1 of each piece, which means every time you lose/break the same part its $40………..

Compare this to say Garrett. If you break/lose a small piece to a Garrett item, they will sell it to you for a very basic charge and in some cases no charge. The bungy looks to be very cheap, maybe a few dollars I would guess, so paying $40 does not sit well with me. I lost it, its not mine labs fault, I expect to be charged and have to pay shipping, I just want a fair price on that piece.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Minelab Pro-Swing a few months ago, and it works great. One of the things that it has is a bungy cord. Its very easy to lose this cord. If you need a replacement, its $40!!!!!!

The reason is, you have to buy an entire spares kit that includes the detector clamp, velcro, bungy, j-tube, and other things you probably didn't want. Frustrating that Minelab doesn't let you buy individual pieces. I paid $129 for this harness, now lose a bungy and have to pay $40 more, and who knows I may lose the bungy again………..be careful.
Tie wrap one end of bungee to harness....

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Tie wrap one end of bungee to harness....

I will definitely do this with my new one. I will tie it to the detector end, since the harness end is the one I am constantly clipping and unclipping.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna have to take a look at this thing see if I think it will work for me, difference being I can't kneel to dig have to bend, so length of cord may be a problem.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Finally received my Pro Swing Repair/Spares kit. Never before in this hobby have I paid so much for so little. I really hope Minelab can be more reasonable in the future for something like this. Almost $50 shipped for what should probably cost $15 total.

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally received my Pro Swing Repair/Spares kit. Never before in this hobby have I paid so much for so little. I really hope Minelab can be more reasonable in the future for something like this. Almost $50 shipped for what should probably cost $15 total.

A marketing design ... am sure. They know what they are doing with that one!

I purchase one for my explorer then I went on to purchase an XP Deus. Now I don't need it anymore. :censored:.
Would look funny though using it with the XP. :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest that while you have all of the pieces to the Pro-Swing, look into the materials that go into making one and then make the pieces that either get lost or damaged. It shouldn't be that hard to make an identical or similar one that will work, considering all of the materials available nowadays online!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread