N.J.THer
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2006
- Messages
- 3,283
- Reaction score
- 240
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Middlesex County, New Jersey
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Carisub - Castro's private treasure chest
I'm reading a book titled 'Dead Silence' by Randy Wayne White. It is part of a book series by the author which I have enjoyed reading The book is fiction but like all fiction it is based in reality. In the story they mentioned Carisub which is a Cuban run salvage company that Fidel Castro created many years ago to salvage treasure from wrecks around Cuba. It must be nice to be a dictator.
Is anyone aware of any material on the company or any of the wrecks they salvaged. I would be interested in reading a book on the topic if there is one out there. Do you know if any of the items found has entered the market place?
There must be a very nice stash somewhere in Cuba.
Thanks
NJ
I'm reading a book titled 'Dead Silence' by Randy Wayne White. It is part of a book series by the author which I have enjoyed reading The book is fiction but like all fiction it is based in reality. In the story they mentioned Carisub which is a Cuban run salvage company that Fidel Castro created many years ago to salvage treasure from wrecks around Cuba. It must be nice to be a dictator.
Is anyone aware of any material on the company or any of the wrecks they salvaged. I would be interested in reading a book on the topic if there is one out there. Do you know if any of the items found has entered the market place?
There must be a very nice stash somewhere in Cuba.
Thanks
NJ







