What's new

Carolus III D G 1777 and 1879 Spanish coins.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got back out to the foreign coin site.
The large coin in the plastic turned out to be Rey Constl DE Espana Diez Centimos 1879.
Here i thought it was going to be something special.
I can't believe i found the Carolus III 1777 my oldest coin. DSCF2427.webpDSCF2430.webpDSCF2431.webpDSCF2428.webpDSCF2429.webp Found in the woods at a park in Rochester,Minn.
 
Upvote 16
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Congrats on those 2 finds. :occasion14: Kind of make you wonder how they got there. :dontknow:
 
Your 1777 C III coin appears to be a 2 maravedies from the series 1759-1788; diameter: 20.0 mm, original weight: 2.45 grams. Composition: Copper. Segovia, Spain mint.
Great saves !
Don.....
 
How strange, maybe a kid fascinated with buried treasure stashed them out there long ago. I know when I was a kid I buried some old coins for fun. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom