Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. So found these 2 bracelets in some bulk thrift store jewelry bags
I immediately thought fake. Then I acid tested and both pass the 18k acid test. I have found the multi colored stone one selling online but haven?t found the other one that is just a snap clasp with no screws. What do you think ? I also used my mizar tester and both tested 18k on the white gold setting

IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good, but, there a lots of fakes out there. I'd start with a magnet, then maybe a trusted jeweler to get their opinion.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good, but, there a lots of fakes out there. I'd start with a magnet, then maybe a trusted jeweler to get their opinion.

Both non magnetic. And both pass 18k acid test. And show as 18k on my electronic Mizar tester

Upvote 1

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake Cartiers come in two levels: those made in the correct precious metals with Cartier marks but not actually made by Cartier; and those where both the indicated metal and the Cartier marks are fake. The latter are the most common, but be aware that the correct precious metal is not a guarantee of authenticity. The mark-up on Cartier items is sufficiently high that it can still be worthwhile producing precious metal counterfeits.

From what I can see those look to be authentic. It's the quality of the marking that usually gives away even the best of fakes. You may find this helpful (and note that Cartier themselves no longer provide an authentication service):

https://raymondleejewelers.net/how-to-spot-a-fake-cartier-love-bracelet/

Upvote 1

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little known fact (bone ill throw out here)...

Stainless steel is unaffected by 18k.

Something to think about.

Not saying that its fake etc... just thought i would share.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake Cartiers come in two levels: those made in the correct precious metals with Cartier marks but not actually made by Cartier; and those where both the indicated metal and the Cartier marks are fake. The latter are the most common, but be aware that the correct precious metal is not a guarantee of authenticity. The mark-up on Cartier items is sufficiently high that it can still be worthwhile producing precious metal counterfeits.

From what I can see those look to be authentic. It's the quality of the marking that usually gives away even the best of fakes. You may find this helpful (and note that Cartier themselves no longer provide an authentication service):

https://raymondleejewelers.net/how-to-spot-a-fake-cartier-love-bracelet/

I have found a bunch of fakes over the years. But all of the ones I found were not made of precious metals. I?m gonna try and find someone local to look at them and see what they think. Worst case I have over an ounce of 18 k between the 2.
Funny story. Last year I found one of the original gold plated aldo cipulo bracelets (designer of the love bracelet). They go a few hundred on eBay. But still haven?t tried to sell it

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little known fact (bone ill throw out here)...

Stainless steel is unaffected by 18k.

Something to think about.

Not saying that its fake etc... just thought i would share.

Wonder how stainless steel tests on a mizar? I will try a platinum test when I get home. I know you can use it for testing white gold. Just have to refresh myself with the steps

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally had time to get the colored stone bracelet authenticated. It came back as authentic !!!!! Cost me $20 for authentication and $60 for certificate of authentication

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread