What's new

Carved Bullet, Scabbard Tip, Bullets, Balls, & I Made a Boo Boo..

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had a fall like weather pattern this week so I just had to get out after having an expensive and unenjoyable root canal on Monday. Honorary member of the Tennessee Trio Tenn. Digger had told me about some property where he had dug relics many years before. I spent 3 hours there scouting on Tuesday morning but just dug one dropped & whittled on .58.
Yesterday morning, I scouted a yard near the Tuesday site but the soil had been disturbed there. I moved to an area where the Trio & Tenn. Digger had hunted before and dug 3 bullets in about 45 minutes. This morning, I returned there and dug the back from an eagle button, another 61 cal. round ball used in the British carbine or pistol, scabbard tip, two .58s, and the carved chess piece shown in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] pic.
The last pic shows what happens when digging in very hard ground as I made a boo boo and nearly cut the .58 in half. That makes me sick.
Note to F75 users who had their machines enhanced: The Trio & Tenn. Digger hunted the exact area extensively a couple of years ago precisely where I dug the relics this am because we were digging campfire lead and good relics in that area. I know I had walked over that area many times and was surprised what we had missed and the soil was very dry there today. The relics were only 5-7 in. deep. No video this time but we will be back in action soon. HH, Q.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1678.webp
    DSCN1678.webp
    330.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN1679.webp
    DSCN1679.webp
    157.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1681.webp
    DSCN1681.webp
    238.5 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 26
Nice finds, and sorry about the bullet boo boo. Glad you went out to take the mind off that root canal! I'm really pleased with my upgrade. I feel like it's helped greatly in the mid-range targets, but also made the iron less quiet. I also think that it's made the machine more unstable and I'm less able to differentiate a high tone from the false signals. But I've always run detectors on the "hot" side, so I've learned to tell the difference. Was surprised how much the upgrade changed the ball game on the F75. At times I'd rather have the old one back, but I'm about 80% sold on the new software.

Cheers,

Buck
 
oh the humanity!, that poor .58! either way awesome hunt!
 
Nice finds, and sorry about the bullet boo boo. Glad you went out to take the mind off that root canal! I'm really pleased with my upgrade. I feel like it's helped greatly in the mid-range targets, but also made the iron less quiet. I also think that it's made the machine more unstable and I'm less able to differentiate a high tone from the false signals. But I've always run detectors on the "hot" side, so I've learned to tell the difference. Was surprised how much the upgrade changed the ball game on the F75. At times I'd rather have the old one back, but I'm about 80% sold on the new software.

Cheers,

Buck
Will, I agree that the pros of the upgrade greatly outweigh the cons. Of course, you upgraded to the SE where I stayed with the regular F75 so your results are likely different but you have obviously learned to compensate. If Molly's machine was upgraded, they would have to increase the Tnet memory-LOL. HH, Q.
 
I would have never believed that there was another bullet still there! I'm impressed. I guess that it's true that you never get it all. Oh, and I think that DMan is drunk.
I doubt he's drunk Donnie but CRAZY YES-LOL. Let's go hunting soon. HH, Q.
 
Nice carved-on! Looks like somebody was digging' HARD when they discovered that .58! Well done. I never get out of central Virginia, but I'm heading out near the valley next week. Hope I can figure out how to do this thing in mineralized soil.

PW, I have hunted that hot soil iron layer around Culpepper twice with limited results. The deceptive thing is that you think you are getting normal depth but are only getting 4 in. or less. You must dig all iron readings. The TDI & GPX machines are effective there. Good luck, Q.
 
Nice batch of lead! Congrats! Guess your happy as pie to be back in the fields!

I don't think one of us who hasn't left a mark on something.
 
Really liking the carved lead, it's something that I've yet to dig it seems even with the history around the area.
 
Go Quindy! Sorry 'bout the tooth. Hope it's all good now. That little teaser of fall was nice, wasn't it! So ready for winter. Lisa and I went out Wednesday for a couple of hours. Hunting around a friends back yard. Stepped on a stinking snake. I didn't know that I could dance or swing my shovel like that. hahaha!
Congrats on the keepers! Look forward to your winter video's. :)
Nana
 
Go Quindy! Sorry 'bout the tooth. Hope it's all good now. That little teaser of fall was nice, wasn't it! So ready for winter. Lisa and I went out Wednesday for a couple of hours. Hunting around a friends back yard. Stepped on a stinking snake. I didn't know that I could dance or swing my shovel like that. hahaha!
Congrats on the keepers! Look forward to your winter video's. :)
Nana

Did Lisa get a video of you & the snake Nana?-LOL. HH, Q.
 
Thanks for the comments Cryer, OD, relic nut, Steve, Casper 2, ATW, Dman (Triune is hunted out but you can buy me a beer-LOL), WAF, sutphin , PW, Breezie (Good luck hunting this fall. You are overdue for a Banner), stefen, BB, Cjon, MSB, Pepper, & Nana.
I dug another carved bullet yesterday. Check out the video. HH, Q.

 
Nice little video Quindy, Glad that you found something at that place also love the carved bullet. I'm surprised that I didn't hear a train, you must have timed your videos just right as they are so loud going through there. Have you ever checked that other side of the railroad tracks? I'll bet that there are a few relics over there. :sad11::sad11:
 
Q, Happy that the season is upon us wherein your videos will be out for us all to enjoy! Hope you're completely recovered from that root canal now.
 
Quindy.......they have mowed that field across the railroad from your site. I'll bet there are some relics over there and I know there is an old house site.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom