What's new

Carved Stone? Ancient?

txnana

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I recently unearthed this carved rock item. It seems to be a rock or stone
of some kind with some sort of religious-maybe- carved in to it.
It is quite detailed and very unusual. I have never seen anything like it.
FYI: it does not stick to a magnet.
I would really love it if someone could tell me what it might be, age, or
what kind of place or person I should take it to in order to have it checked out.
Thanks!!!everyone
 

Attachments

  • SANY0002 (Small).webp
    SANY0002 (Small).webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 484
  • SANY0012 (Small).webp
    SANY0012 (Small).webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 480
  • SANY0013 (Small).webp
    SANY0013 (Small).webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 488
  • SANY0009 (Small).webp
    SANY0009 (Small).webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 487
  • SANY0010 (Small).webp
    SANY0010 (Small).webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 481
DevilDog812 said:
looks like a mini buddha, but i have no idea what for or what age

I agree, it looks like a carved budda.....
 
Upvote 0
very cool, what part of the country did you find it
 
Upvote 0
Really cool mini-buddha. Are you sure it's not pottery? It looks cast. I can't maging getting such fine detail by carving a stone.

Certainly a keeper. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like Hindu to me. Maybe "Shiva".
 
Upvote 0
I did a little photoshop on the pic to make it easier to see. I'm going with Buddha. Neat find, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • SANY0013 (Small).webp
    SANY0013 (Small).webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
How did you find this?
its very small, and cant be found by a dector ....
where and how did you find this?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
I agree this is Buddha. There are sets available (some in stone) of Buddha in different poses like teaching, medicine, charity... Hard to tell from the pics on this one. If the left hand is palm up, it is the charity or giving pose (Varada Mudra).

If we had the story of where it was found that might provide additional clues.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom