All Treasure Hunting
16624814424964218404429470419464.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is natural stone made by mother nature. Any image you see is caused by the phenomenon known as pareidolia.

M. A. Nazario

Greenie
Jun 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an archaeologist and have performed excavations and surveys in Florida and New Mexico. Although the rock may appear to be carved that is the result of natural processes. Even if it was a prehistoric artifact eroded by water, the marks on the rock do not look like the result of scraping techniques native to the Americas. When we see a potential artifact we look specifically for impact zones on the rock, which this rock is lacking. Unfortunately, some pseudo-archaeologists might be quick to appraise an item as an artifact to both give themselves legitimacy and to demand more money from people.

Also, it could not be a handle because American Indians did not use that material for such purposes. For an item of that size and shape, it could really only be an adze blade, which it certainly is not. Even trying to look at the rock pre-erosion its unique shapes lends no purpose. A lot of my friends show me similar river rocks hoping that they have discovered an artifact but I am often the bearer of bad news.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Garret 250, Garret pro pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is natural stone made by mother nature. Any image you see is caused by the phenomenon known as pareidolia.
Your welcome to your opinion even if it's a wrong one. I and others understand alot more about it now since more work has been done to it. More to come.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an archaeologist and have performed excavations and surveys in Florida and New Mexico. Although the rock may appear to be carved that is the result of natural processes. Even if it was a prehistoric artifact eroded by water, the marks on the rock do not look like the result of scraping techniques native to the Americas. When we see a potential artifact we look specifically for impact zones on the rock, which this rock is lacking. Unfortunately, some pseudo-archaeologists might be quick to appraise an item as an artifact to both give themselves legitimacy and to demand more money from people.

Also, it could not be a handle because American Indians did not use that material for such purposes. For an item of that size and shape, it could really only be an adze blade, which it certainly is not. Even trying to look at the rock pre-erosion its unique shapes lends no purpose. A lot of my friends show me similar river rocks hoping that they have discovered an artifact but I am often the bearer of bad news.
I don't think its native. Never said it was

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As an archeologist you should know identifying anything from a picture is impossible and if you had hands on this object you would think differently I'm sure of that.

M. A. Nazario

Greenie
Jun 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an archeologist you should know identifying anything from a picture is impossible and if you had hands on this object you would think differently I'm sure of that.
In all honesty, it doesn't matter - no matter the origin all stone artifacts have impact markers. Even considering erosion they are not even close to being present. Did you find this in the Americas? It would be pretty ludicrous to suggest a prehistoric stone artifact to be nonnative; it isn't even relatively Solutrean, a European people suggested to have been in the New World in antiquity.

I know that it is difficult to identify an object based on images but it is very obviously not an artifact, native or nonnative. I know that nothing I say will deter you but if you keep pressing this all you will find is disappointment.

If you really want someone else to tell you the same thing I would contact a local university professor and ask if you can drop by their office to show them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome to your opinion even if it's a wrong one. I and others understand alot more about it now since more work has been done to it. More to come.
Members are trying to help you but you refuse to listen and learn, you will never find real artifacts if you keep picking up natural rocks and imagine you see faces and animals in the natural rock. You can blow your rock picture up 10x and there are still no signs of being worked or touched by man, no better camera or better pictures will turn natural rock into an artifact.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In all honesty, it doesn't matter - no matter the origin all stone artifacts have impact markers. Even considering erosion they are not even close to being present. Did you find this in the Americas? It would be pretty ludicrous to suggest a prehistoric stone artifact to be nonnative; it isn't even relatively Solutrean, a European people suggested to have been in the New World in antiquity.

I know that it is difficult to identify an object based on images but it is very obviously not an artifact, native or nonnative. I know that nothing I say will deter you but if you keep pressing this all you will find is disappointment.

If you really want someone else to tell you the same thing I would contact a local university professor and ask if you can drop by their office to show tth
I

If you really want someone else to tell you the same thing I would contact a local university professor and ask if you can drop by their office to show them.
I would love that actually. Yes I'm suggesting it's Asian or African in it's origins. Who's to say how it got there? It's granite,looks Lazer carved and has a black sand stone material in the etchings and it rubs out to reveal more carvings. When you put it in an all black room and have one source light you can see some crazy stuff like they used angles shadow and light to make pictures. The geometry is really amazing really. Some things are inverted and can stamp into putty.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I

I would love that actually. Yes I'm suggesting it's Asian or African in it's origins. Who's to say how it got there? It's granite,looks Lazer carved and has a black sand stone material in the etchings and it rubs out to reveal more carvings. When you put it in an all black room and have one source light you can see some crazy stuff like they used angles shadow and light to make pictures. The geometry is really amazing really. Some things are inverted and can stamp into putty.

I

Attachments

• 16624854491633967056044248218617.jpg
    16624854491633967056044248218617.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 16624855263404548194927406630160.jpg
    16624855263404548194927406630160.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is interested and wants to find out more about it I'm all game. It is a mystery that needs solved. I will go anywhere reasonable if I'm not somewhere exploring.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is interested and wants to find out more about it I'm all game. It is a mystery that needs solved. I will go anywhere reasonable if I'm not somewhere exploring.
I learned pattern recognition when I was 8 and used that ability for mostly scanning for four leaf clovers. My record is 150 clovers in 5 minutes. I then learn to look for shark teeth as the three leaf clovers have three quadrants " triangles". It was easy to adapt that to the three sided black shark teeth. I'm 36 now and my ability to see geometry in nature and man made objects is profound. Four leaf clovers are squares by the way. Think of them that way and focus on a patch in it's entirety and the four leaf clovers will pop out into view.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned pattern recognition when I was 8 and used that ability for mostly scanning for four leaf clovers. My record is 150 clovers in 5 minutes. I then learn to look for shark teeth as the three leaf clovers have three quadrants " triangles". It was easy to adapt that to the three sided black shark teeth. I'm 36 now and my ability to see geometry in nature and man made objects is profound. Four leaf clovers are squares by the way. Think of them that way and focus on a patch in it's entirety and the four leaf clovers will pop out into vie

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's phallic looking more if you take it as a whole but can see the poo reference. Brown color and oblong shape.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The black sand stone material will come out and it will be more visible to you all. I have two Native American Adze and this is not an Adze. I have found lots of things and been in my local paper and on t.v.. I have already found my pearls in life. This is just interesting and you all are bating around a four leaf clover and I'm telling you 1000 percent its there and you can't see it. That's ok Im working on it to help you see.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The black sand stone material will come out and it will be more visible to you all. I have two Native American Adze and this is not an Adze. I have found lots of things and been in my local paper and on t.v.. I have already found my pearls in life. This is just interesting and you all are bating around a four leaf clover and I'm telling you 1000 percent its there and you can't see it. That's ok Im working on it to help you see.
As stated there are no signs of being worked by man, blow the picture up and point out the marks left by man working on it, where are the grinding and flaking signs?

Your opening post said it "Looks and feels like a handle to tool or blade maybe. Not sure." So where are the marks from being worked on?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread