Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I heard pretty much heard every old tale about SWOK from family, and walked all over that part of the country checking out sites and documenting new ones, but never heard about this one til Steve Wilson came out with it. In 1895 they had a little gold rush in Washita County. E. A. Williams, county surveyor of Washita County (also founder of Wildman) out looking for maybe more gold deposits, surveyed and platted what he deemed to be an old settlement of Mexican miners near Canute. I won't give out the exact location out of respect for the landowners. I've been by there and and kinda looked from the road. This place was just forgotten and never got the attention it deserved. Not for possible treasure, but for historical value. Some evidence reported found all around that area of early Spanish or Mexican visitors. I can't say they ever found much gold along Turkey Creek, I know I didn't see anything. Any of y'all have any info or stories about Cascarillo I would like to hear them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread