Cash for Gold: Best payout

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Cash for Gold

Newspaper ads pay 30% to 40% of melt value.
Local coin dealers and jewelers pay 65% to 75% of melt value.
Gold refineries pay 95% to 98% of melt value.

Sample listings:

http://midwestrefineries.com/
http://207.32.183.129/
http://www.midstatesrecycling.com/
http://www.garfieldrefining.com/
http://www.aragold.com/refining-schedule.html

I am not endorsing or recommending any of the sample listings – they are provided simply as examples.

Your best bet is to search Google with the words “gold refinery” and the name of your state.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used Midwest Refineries three times now and couldn't be happier. Excellent service and FAST payment.

One example I can give is on a platinum men's wedding band I found earlier this year. Just for kicks I tried one of the local "we buy gold" shops to see what they would offer. They offered me $140. :violent1: I sent it in to Midwest Refineries and received a check within a week for $450. :icon_thumleft:

-MM-

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mud dog (aka) Salty Dog said:
Midwest gets all my metals,have always got top dollar for my gold and silver,great comunication too..
But they will NOT return stones... Period... ARA will...
And although you can take the stones out prior to sending in, I did that a couple times I used midwest and chipped one precious stone, and also a couple small diamonds..
The stones I get back from ARA are in pristine condition, and I can then barter with my local jeweler that wont buy small stones, but will give me a discount using them, or even do jewelers work on stuff as payment for the stones..
For ten small diamonds, he has cleaned/buffed 5 of my wifes rings for me, and will also check stones I have questions about and identify them, size them, etc...

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Silver Surfer said:
Midwest gets all my metals,have always got top dollar for my gold and silver,great comunication too..
And although you can take the stones out prior to sending in, I did that a couple times I used midwest and chipped one precious stone, and also a couple small diamonds..
The stones I get back from ARA are in pristine condition, and I can then barter with my local jeweler that wont buy small stones, but will give me a discount using them, or even do jewelers work on stuff as payment for the stones..
For ten small diamonds, he has cleaned/buffed 5 of my wifes rings for me, and will also check stones I have questions about and identify them, size them, etc...

That is because midwest is not a refinery but a middleman, google the address and look at the satellite view, its a fancy house by a lake, you cant operate a refinery out of a house. this is also why the stones issue, and why so many people get such low ball offers on the gold they send there.
ARA is a refinery. they do the work, So is ours. www.prospectorsgoldandgems.com
If they dont have an outlet for the gold, they are just a middleman, no equipment, no operations.

I do however pay 98.1% no refining fees.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jewelerdave said:
Silver Surfer said:

That is because midwest is not a refinery but a middleman, google the address and look at the satellite view, its a fancy house by a lake, you cant operate a refinery out of a house. this is also why the stones issue, and why so many people get such low ball offers on the gold they send there.
ARA is a refinery. they do the work, So is ours. www.prospectorsgoldandgems.com
If they dont have an outlet for the gold, they are just a middleman, no equipment, no operations.

I do however pay 98.1% no refining fees.

Dave,

It is good to see you posting again, last time I checked your user name you hadn't posted in a long time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread