Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Re: Cash & Treasures Episode

redneckinwayz said:
Cash & Treasures last nite had an episode about Bottle digging and outhouse holes..

Did anyone catch this episode ? And if by chance you paid more attention to the show and not the host like I did, by chance did you catch the name of the place where she brought the bottles for appraisle ?

Well now I have to find out who this person is. I have seen two implications that she might be a little more than easy on the eyes.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

Oh yeah...she certainly is easy on the eyes. That episode is going to be played again on Feb 10th at 4:00 PM. They were actually digging near me in Watervliet. I will have to watch the show to see if the "Experts" she is digging with are anyone I know.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
I will have to watch the show to see if the "Experts" she is digging with are anyone I know.

Roy Topka in New York

& friends named Fran & Mike

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

jeff of pa said:
Skrimpy said:
I will have to watch the show to see if the "Experts" she is digging with are anyone I know.

Roy Topka in New York

& friends named Fran & Mike

Nope. Don't know Roy, Fran, or Mike, but if she found 500 bucks worth of bottles like the travel channel web site says, I need to hook up with the three of them for a dig!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NorCal,
Try your local library for the Sanborn maps. They may be a member and if not your local University is most likely a member so you can access them through their library.
Good luck,
NJ

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

norcalrockhunter said:
Saw the show
Now I'm woundering how to get into the Sanbon site to look at some maps It requires a password any ideas?

If you can't get them online through your local library and you want to do a little hunting in NY the NYS library has a huge collection of Sanborns from NY...and if you get a library card (free) you can access them on line...but you might have to come up to albany to get it.

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I beleive her name is Becky Worley. She is deffinately a Go-Getter, and she is humorous to boot....The only type of hunting partner
to have...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

duggr said:
I beleive her name is Becky Worley. She is deffinately a Go-Getter, and she is humorous to boot....The only type of hunting partner
to have...

Doesn't mind getting dirty. My kind o woman.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I saw that episode, and really enjoyed it. Not only is she easy on the eyes, but she likes to dig and play in the dirt! If only my better half were like that *SIGH*. Plus they found lots of really cool bottles!

H

hoyboy89

redneckinwayz said:
Cash & Treasures last nite had an episode about Bottle digging and outhouse holes..

Did anyone catch this episode ? And if by chance you paid more attention to the show and not the host like I did, by chance did you catch the name of the place where she brought the bottles for appraisle ?
I have never heard of this bottle digging before watching this show. I watched it both on the 10th and the 14th. I am so interested in this and can not wait until spring to get started. I am now building a sifter box this weekend and looking for a "spring steel" for a probe. I think I have everything else. I can't believe that I am so pumped on something that I have never done before. I am 40 years old and can't wait to dig into a "Dump Pit" or a "Privy Hole". I told my daughter and she thinks I'm nuts and my son is on my side, he can't wait til spring. Thank You Becky Worley and "Cash and Treasures" on the Travel Channel.
Bob in NC Iowa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome Bob.

Bottles Can be Addicting.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

hoyboy89 said:
I have never heard of this bottle digging before watching this show. I watched it both on the 10th and the 14th. I am so interested in this and can not wait until spring to get started. I am now building a sifter box this weekend and looking for a "spring steel" for a probe. I think I have everything else. I can't believe that I am so pumped on something that I have never done before. I am 40 years old and can't wait to dig into a "Dump Pit" or a "Privy Hole". I told my daughter and she thinks I'm nuts and my son is on my side, he can't wait til spring. Thank You Becky Worley and "Cash and Treasures" on the Travel Channel.
Bob in NC Iowa

Do some searching on the internet for antique bottles, collections and privy digging etc, etc...
There are some really neat looking collections. I can't remember the web sit but I saw one that the guy had some glass shelving behind his wet bar with mirrors and accent lighting behind his bottle collection displayed on the shelves...omg! It is really a site with all the colors, lights, and reflections. I will see if I can find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread