What's new

Cashing in scrap metal finds

michael NY

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
318
Reaction score
1,250
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is something I thought might be worth my time is saving all the junk metal finds and idea is to sell it as scrap metal. I have recycled metal before non dug items. I know right away they will low ball the small ammount I have this place ive gone to is shady and in lovely part of town. Ive knocked off dry dirt. What is best way get value even for little afew lbs I have? Thanks

Michael
. pic_20210428_125556.webp
 
scrapping is a waiting game, watch prices and wait.
 
Make sure to separate your aluminum, brass, copper, and steel to get the best price.
 
These guys got you pretty well covered. Sort it and wait for the right time. A few weeks can cost you a few bucks a pound in either direction. On a few pounds it’s no big deal. 500 lbs of copper those swings hurt if not timed right.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom