What's new

caught this bird in a live trap today

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
8,891
Reaction score
13,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
mid western ARK
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
had problems with the live trap and made some adjustments on it. it had gotten very hard to throw and so we were missing critters. I usually transplant them elsewhere away from the house about five to six miles away. So, made it a hair trigger for the moment. today was working on the jeep when I heard it throw. was surprised to see the bird inside of it. As I got the phone out to take a picture, Killer discovered that the bird was in there and got very excited. No, didn't let him have it, turned it loose, one of pets we feed. pretty one too.
 

Attachments

  • 20190130_142741.webp
    20190130_142741.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • 20190130_142747.webp
    20190130_142747.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
The Cat sees a steak and shrimp dinner
 
We had a visit from the DNR telling us it was illegal to use live traps like that on our own property. We were trapping muskrat that were doing damage to our pond, and you can only use leg traps or Conibears to take them in season. They told us it is also illegal to transport wild animals and relocate them. Yikes! Jack-booted officers gave us a warning, but no arrests or fines thank goodness.
 
We had a visit from the DNR telling us it was illegal to use live traps like that on our own property. We were trapping muskrat that were doing damage to our pond, and you can only use leg traps or Conibears to take them in season. They told us it is also illegal to transport wild animals and relocate them. Yikes! Jack-booted officers gave us a warning, but no arrests or fines thank goodness.

In a case like this we use the SSS rule around here. Shoot, shovel, and shut up! Gary
 
We had a visit from the DNR telling us it was illegal to use live traps like that on our own property. We were trapping muskrat that were doing damage to our pond, and you can only use leg traps or Conibears to take them in season. They told us it is also illegal to transport wild animals and relocate them. Yikes! Jack-booted officers gave us a warning, but no arrests or fines thank goodness.

Don't transport the muskrats. Eat them, they are very good tasting. Send me a couple. I haven't had any for years.
 
Don't transport the muskrats. Eat them, they are very good tasting. Send me a couple. I haven't had any for years.
No way would I transport ‘em, they would just become someone else’s problem. That, and it’s illegal. As far as eating ‘em, Tried parboiling and then slow cooked in a crockpot. Stunk up my garage! Yeah, if I’d have cooked em in the house my wife and kids would have left for a hotel ��. I used to have a taste for rodent when I was younger, but now I can afford the finer things in life!
 
We had a visit from the DNR telling us it was illegal to use live traps like that on our own property. We were trapping muskrat that were doing damage to our pond, and you can only use leg traps or Conibears to take them in season. They told us it is also illegal to transport wild animals and relocate them. Yikes! Jack-booted officers gave us a warning, but no arrests or fines thank goodness.

did they say that it was inhumane? crazy
 
Legholds are humane if used properly, in a drowning set. The Conibear trap is the most humane of all, it dispatches the critter sometimes instantly.

I was referring to the livetrap LOL. yep, know about drowing sets and conibears too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom