cave/treasure symbols?

texaco

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
here are a couple of photos of a place I get into.? Do these things represent anything?? Any help would be great? Anybody see anything like this?? It is in an abandoned mine in Mexico.? These are both a couple of hundred feet down.? The black marks are under the scratched in arrow which I think is very recent.? The miners used / and still use a rock which they called carburo and it was mixed with a little water which then put off some kind of gas that is flamable.? Other marks of the same color date it at 1920 but I know from locals that the mine is 200+ years old and not the oldest around here by any means.? Thanks again.

OP
OP
T

texaco

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
these are o.k. now

Attachments

• Im000828_resized.jpg
    Im000828_resized.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 562
  • Im000829_resized.jpg
    Im000829_resized.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 542

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
These marks look like survey points.

Try to find the name of the cave and check with a local caving club as they might have the entire
map of the cave for you to look at.

Cave surveying is done all the time on known caves.

Just a thought

Dinkydick

OP
OP
T

texaco

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
thanks all for the advice.? I went to the university and it was VERY INTERESTING.? The first symbol might be a symbol for power according to the info there.? Dinky is prob right too with the triangular shape in the second photo.? I'll look for a caving club here in Chihuahua but I doubt one exists.? I have an old miner friend that I can show it to.? He may know too.? He used to work at the old Santo Domingo mine here as a driller until a chunk of rock fell and messed up his shoulder.? Now he runs THE rock shop in Santa Eulalia, small mountain mining town.?
Thanks too Dinky :D

Tex

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Hey TEX--- Before you go to any club, I'd take pictures of the walls of the cave. I have marked the areas of interest in photo. I lighted it up, the other is too dark.
I have found sign on the ground as well as walls and rocks.

These pictures only prove I am going crazy, but won't hurt to take more pictures before you let any one know.

Jacko

Attachments

• Tex 1.jpg
    Tex 1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 491

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread