What's new

CAVEMAN OF THE WEEK ? ? ? Basketball medal

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I dug this today in Corvallis Oregon. A medal with a dude playing basketball ~ it's made of copper/bronze ~ 30mm in diameter ~ the back side is engraved, CAVEMAN / OF THE WEEK / 12-7-8-85 / TREVOR / SEVEN . Anyone know what this all means?!

Neil

8^)
 

Attachments

  • Nov16-2008-5-medalOBV.webp
    Nov16-2008-5-medalOBV.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Nov16-2008-6-medalREV.webp
    Nov16-2008-6-medalREV.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Nov16-2008coins.webp
    Nov16-2008coins.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Nov16-2008-5-medalOBV.webp
    Nov16-2008-5-medalOBV.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Nov16-2008-6-medalREV.webp
    Nov16-2008-6-medalREV.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Nov16-2008coins.webp
    Nov16-2008coins.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 315
just-geese said:
Neil
Just a guess but I would say it's a team award passed out for an outstanding performance "Caveman of the week" In this case it was #7 Trevor.
Don

Hi Don! Yeah, that makes sense!

But what does a CaveMan have to do with Basketball?!
 
Upvote 0
In my humble opinion, could it be the schools "mascot" name?
Like the "Bullgogs", the "Ravens", the "Cavemen". Not a usual school fighting name, but it makes sense to me.
Ooooops, Master posted as I was typing...."grunt, moan, swing Caveman club......"



*modify*
Here is a link to an Oregon Caveman basketball team: http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/school/grants-pass/boysbasketball/

and the school: http://www.grantspass.k12.or.us/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=166

The school is about 138 miles from yourself.
 
Upvote 0
CoolFrayers said:
In my humble opinion, could it be the schools "mascot" name?
Like the "Bullgogs", the "Ravens", the "Cavemen". Not a usual school fighting name, but it makes sense to me.
Ooooops, Master posted as I was typing...."grunt, moan, swing Caveman club......"



*modify*
Here is a link to an Oregon Caveman basketball team: http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/school/grants-pass/boysbasketball/

and the school: http://www.grantspass.k12.or.us/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=166

The school is about 138 miles from yourself.

OH YEAH! I bet you're correct! I'll check it out a little more! THANKS!!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom