What's new

Cayuga Indian Res. and Military Lots

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
12,689
Reaction score
378
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ozarks
Map
 

Attachments

  • Cayuga Indian Reservation.webp
    Cayuga Indian Reservation.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 640
It's interesting that you posted the Cayuga Reservation map. I grew up in Cayuga, and visit family there every year.
 
This is not cayuga,indiana is it?
 
It's in Upstate NY... one of the Finger Lakes... Been there many times...
 
It's really a beautiful and interesting area. About 5 miles from that north end of the lake, along the east side, is Cayuga Castle. It was the headquarters of the Cayuga tribe. I'm not into indian artifacts, but all of the Finger Lakes region is a treasure trove of artifacts.
My home town, the village of Cayuga, was incorporated in 1857, but the first settlers arrived in 1788.

The original Erie Canal was dug by hand through the region, and much of it is intact.

I have unearthed many wonderful old coins and artifacts while detecting in NY state.

faaus
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom