What's new

Green Mtn. Res., Heeney CO

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake's at about 20% capacity so camped here to check the lake bed out yesterday. Noticed this formation that I thought were rocks from the other side, but got down there and they were tree stumps. Was able to count the rings on a few and they were about 100 years old when they were cut around 1940, so they were seedlings in the 1840's. Found evidence of historic activity but nothin prehistoric. Not even a flake. Was cool to find that part of an old crucible used in the mining days. Last pic is to show it ain't all pine trees and snow capped peaks up here. Sometimes it's sagebrush and rocks. Lots of rocks. 6 campgrounds around the lake, and I was the only person camped. I should get camper of the week award, haha!
8-19ccc.webp
8-19ddd.webp
8-19fff.webp
8-19ggg.webp
8-19aaa.webp
 
Kudos to you for doing what you like while you can as time goes bye to fast. Nice find on the old crucible. Camping by ones self reminds me of the saying
Silence Is Golden .... which we also appreciate just one & nature ....
 
I've never camped anywhere there that there were no trees. That place looks desolate.
 
This is in Middle Park, north of me newnan man. Lots of open spaces there, and lots of paleo activity. You couldn't tell by anything I ever find though.
 
Last edited:
This is in Middle Park, north of me newnan man. Lots of open spaces there, and lots of paleo activity. You couldn't by anything I ever find though.
When you get a chance post some of your finds.
 
I haven't been up to Green Mtn for probably 20 - 25 years. Never have seen it that low !!!😮
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom