Cedar Key / Otter Creek Im a goin hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Cedar Key / Otter Creek I'm a 'goin hunting

Hi,

I just rewarded myself for years of hard work, and the fact that we only have a limited amount of time on this big round rock, and bought myself a fancy a$$ new GTI 2500.

I'll be in the Otter Creek / Cedar Key area for a week or so beginning 23 Oct.

Relatives in the area are giving me permission to hunt some private property locations. I've never relic hunted before. I'm a water guy with a PI, so this will be a new learning experience for me. I've read the directions so I'm good to go and find all the treasure everyone else has missed. (humor me... I know it will take time to learn the machine)

If anyone with experience is in the area, come along and hunt with me, understanding I'll be doing a lot of, hey, what's this sound mean, why is that light lit, how come this didn't make noise, what is this thing? (and lots of other questions)

Re: Cedar Key / Otter Creek I'm a 'goin hunting

Just got here. I'm getting permission to hunt some private property and will start in a day or so. I'll post what I find, and if my first testing of the 2500 is any indication... I'm going to be pretty happy!

Well then, Otter Creek did not yield much of anything. I found this old gas station, turned bait shop, turned lots of other things over the years. I was hoping for a couple of coins but wow, nothing but junk.

I started in all metal mode and the machine's speakers never got a break. Solid metal under all the grass. I tried to work a discrimination mode, but nothing but junk. Apparently when it was an automotive shop they dropped every nut and bolt and metal piece on the ground. I finally gave up after about a half hour.

Here are just a couple of pieces of trash that was coming up. There was an endless supply.

Attachments

• OC2.jpg
    OC2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 458
  • OC junk.jpg
    OC junk.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 438

How was Cedar Key, will you go back? How was your new detector, let me know what you thought of it.

Jamie

sabre15 said:
How was Cedar Key, will you go back? How was your new detector, let me know what you thought of it.

Jamie

Jamie,

I did an article about Cedar Key on my BLOG- http://www.southerncrosses.com/2008/10/31/cedar-key-visited/

As far as the GTI 2500.... Fantastic, I really like the machine. I'm still learning the sounds, but it works very well.

Your article on Cedar Key was spot on!
I live in Ocala?Gainesville and have been their a few times, property is way overpriced, even if it is on the water. Restaurants nothing to call home about, but, as a treasure hunter......I'll let everyone else figure that out!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back