Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks To all, great Advice, and its working, found indian today, signal was jumping from -7 to 23 , 2 days ago I was walking away

nice, I've found that the jumpy signals that are good are jumping in a repeatable way in correlation with my swing. also you can switch over to 10 kh to check a signal and if it jump way higher in vdi it has a strong possibility of being iron. so say you are getting a jumpy 10-15 signal, in 10 kh it would jump to like 25 if it iron, most of the time. So in conjunction with swing direction, iron grunt, coil height and using 10 kh to check iffy signals, you can get a really good idea what is iron and what isn't. But as other have said you absolutely must dig the iron to unmask other targets, especially the bigger stuff. so all the tips are for when you don't have all day to be digging iron and junk and you are trying to do a quick cherry pick.

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I've found that the jumpy signals that are good are jumping in a repeatable way in correlation with my swing".

Thank you, I was back to digging nails yesterday, and now that I think about it the good items I recovered had a good mixed with bad and did repeat similar numbers from same direction over and over again,

I now learnt it is a time thing, and you have decide what you can get done in a given amount of time,
pick an area and keep digging any possibility, or keeping over over an area on multiple visit, digging less and less obvious targets each time

also you can switch over to 10 kh to check a signal and if it jump way higher in vdi it has a strong possibility of being iron. so say you are getting a jumpy 10-15 signal, in 10 kh it would jump to like 25 if it iron,

Yes I find this method good back up

Thanks

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I've found that the jumpy signals that are good are jumping in a repeatable way in correlation with my swing".

Thank you, I was back to digging nails yesterday, and now that I think about it the good items I recovered had a good mixed with bad and did repeat similar numbers from same direction over and over again,

I now learnt it is a time thing, and you have decide what you can get done in a given amount of time,
pick an area and keep digging any possibility, or keeping over over an area on multiple visit, digging less and less obvious targets each time

also you can switch over to 10 kh to check a signal and if it jump way higher in vdi it has a strong possibility of being iron. so say you are getting a jumpy 10-15 signal, in 10 kh it would jump to like 25 if it iron,

Yes I find this method good back up

Thanks

You will notice too the more junk you remove the more signals just appear out of nowhere.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: No easy way...must dig it all when relic hunting! :icon_thumleft:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is exactly why you need to give your shovel a work out in the old ground. Never hunted out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread