sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from Fresno. To narrow it down and help you out, what do you typically like to hunt for? Modern coins, older coins, relics or other things?

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good question, as you are right, the area is mostly agricultural land. While I am no expert, if you like modern finds, then think parks, campgrounds, scout camps, old schools or churches. If you like older finds, then I would consult a county history to see where older villages or towns may have been located. If there are microfilmed old newspapers, look to see if there is a mention of fairgrounds or a visiting circus. Going further back in time, maybe there was a Spanish encampment, railroad construction temporary housing, a stagecoach route, or an old military installation. As someone wrote, it depends upon what type of finds you are after. But I agree, there is a lot of flat, boring farmland in your new home. Good luck!

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the older coins and relics. I have some old Sanborn maps but, unfortunately, most of the locations on them are paved over and/or ag land.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well for starters, try Roeding Park. It’s been hunted by many for years and years, yet still gives up some goodies. I pulled a Morgan dollar out of there just two years ago, along with hundreds of wheats, a handful of Indians, dozens of dimes (Barbers, Mercs and Rosies), SLQ’s, and shield, V and buffalo nickels. Just a few months ago my friend even pulled out an early seated dime.

Other than that, old coins and relics can still readily found in the hills at some of the stagecoach stops and gold rush sites.

BenjyH

Apr 21, 2010
fresno Ca
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Teknetics G2, Garrett AT Pro & carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im moving back to Fresno next week if you want to get together sometime after that, let me know.

BenjyH

Apr 21, 2010
fresno Ca
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Teknetics G2, Garrett AT Pro & carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah for sure, and in the spring/summer I have a couple place up in the mountians that I did some research on if you're interested in that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions