What's new

Centralia , PA 54 Years BeforeThe Underground Fire

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,827
Reaction score
76,265
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • The Lake County times. [volume] (Hammond, Ind.), 04 Dec. 1908.
000bbb.webp


https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=220

===========


Iron County register.
(Ironton, Iron County, Mo.), 10 Dec. 1908.

000aaa.webp

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=221
 
Last edited:
wow place was always doomed..
 
Not sure where I read or Heard it.
Supposedly Some blamed Centralia's Problems On a Witch cursing the Town :tongue3:
 
heres a documentary i watched on that place

 
Up to 2 years or so ago, we had mine fires in Allegany County in Maryland. They expelled steam right along I-68 near Frostburg. A few miles away at Vale Summit, a large underground mine fire burned for a long time. I believe these fires may be burned out by now.
 
Jeff -- A Picture of 1908 Centralia Fire.
 

Attachments

  • Centraliafirein1908.webp
    Centraliafirein1908.webp
    55 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom