Centralia PA June 22nd hunt

MightyMouse82

Jul 10, 2007
Manheim, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I'm getting really excited about this hunt. It'll be good to meet all of you and I hear that some of the fossil finds in the area are incredible too. I was in St. Clair on a fossil trip a few weekends ago and I couldn't believe the abundance.

Brian, thanks for initially setting this up.

Looks like i'll be heading from the Lancaster area Sunday morning instead of Philly. Hopefully the weather holds off.

Chris

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
sniper, I will call you tomorrow (thursday) we are a go!!! as long as it is not going to pour all day,a shower we can deal with, a shower gives us a little more time for a b.s. session to get to know each other a little bit more,darn I wish this could be a 2 day hunt so we did not have to try to fit so much in on one day ,but we will make the best of it...almost like a kids easter egg hunt.....I am so jacked up about this hunt that i damn near can"t sleep...every 5 minutes i"m thinking about this hunt and meeting the addicts like me that are so hooked on such a great hobbie as i like to call it,that it is and has been driving me nuts...p.s. looks like we lost robbuckalew to a workers shortaged problem! damn he is really bummed,,, he was so looking forward to this,so hopefully we can do this again!!!! mike

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say pick different spots and try to meet once every month or so. We need to start reasearching areas that will allow a group of people. It would be a great way to do some of the larger farms that were camp/battle sites.

B

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
up my way there are sites that I know would produce some great finds ,but they are all protected,so that throws that out the window there is a park that my brother says that is only about a 45 min ride at most from centralia that was a old park or fair ground I found it under old amusement parks site here on t-net when he was in bloomsburg,he went there and detecting was allowed on the site,but for10 or more people at one time????I will check into it

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless it's a steady downpour, I'll be there.

Confirmed my plans with my brother in Philly that I'll be at his house Saturday and at worst, I'll just stay at his house Sunday and come home Monday.
Heck, a 6 hour drive before work is always refreshing.

It'll be 4 hours from Centralia so I'm not sure how long I'll hang out. I can always pull off on the way home, take a quick snooze if we start finding some great stuff and dont want to leave.

I like that idea of finding other places too. Have car will drive! :thumbsup:

Hope to see ya'll Sunday.
Al

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a quick summation:
we` are meeting at 9am in byrnville off 54/61 by the large cemetery....is this correct?
thanks
john

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The-Bone said:
just a quick summation:
we` are meeting at 9am in byrnville off 54/61 by the large cemetery....is this correct?
thanks
john

John, where we are meeting is in front of the big cemetery, its kind of the end of the town of Centralia on Route 54/61 where main the road is baracaded. Byrneville is/was right around the corner down the hill about 100 yards...............Rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
National Weather service

for 17921

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...ite=CTP&textField1=40.781&textField2=-76.3457

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

just changed to

60% Thunderstorms
Likely
Hi 78°F

Sunday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for 17921

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph...xtField1=40.781&textField2=-76.3457

Changed again

Tstms
Likely
Hi 73°F

Sunday: Scattered showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. South wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we should wait until Sat. nights forecast. Do we need o think about a rain date?

B

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unless there is a drastic turnaround tomorrow
I won't be going Sunday.
Wouldn't even be a good Get together
If we need to stand around in A cool rain with the wind Blowing
out of canada.

Plus the rain will cause steam, from the hot ground,
which with the wind
may cast a thick fog over the city

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State College still says 78 & Scattered storms.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you guys have a killer time out there this weekend. GOOD LUCK!!!

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
yeah Ill catch the next Group hunt , I trust NOAA since most other weather source use NOAA predictions . and 60% chance of rain it is a high probability it will rain , a 2 hour drive for me is to much with a high % that it may rain
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...te=CTP&textField1=40.8042&textField2=-76.3442

forecast for Centralia PA

Sunday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. South wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unless the sun is shining at 9am i'm out

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is anyone still going regardless of the weather forecast? I'm not sure I want to drive 2+ hours to sit in the rain. Maybe bump it to next week the 28th or 29th.

Brian

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm open for any day it's not expected to rain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread