What's new

Chain found at Boer War site South Africa

pgill

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Guys and Gals,

I found this section of chain with a little plate attached at a site near a Boer war Fort (British). I was wondering if anyone can help me to identify this piece?

Chain.webp

Also found this button from a piece of clothing from this period...... It has "Improved Patent" written on it :headbang:

Button.webp

Thanks for the help, God bless
Peter
 
If the chain will pass through the cross shaped hole it could be some type of "binder". Used to tie things down on a wagon? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply..... I tried to push the link through, but they are definitely bigger than the hole. It seems like there was a chain on the other side of the plate also, but not 100% sure about that ::)
I will keep looking, thanks and God bless
Peter
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom