Chalenge coin

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Guess what this looks like when you can see it laying on the black sand in 4’ of water? A freakin heart attack, that’s what! I made it out to low tide for a few hours today but only found scrap metal and fishing sinkers until it was time to leave. It was the best signal all day, 11 on my equinox. For some reason all I managed to get it out of the hole then push it all over the bottom. This has happened before when I've found a chain or better yet a chain with a medallion. so my mind started to wander...I got tired of chasing it so I decided to let the silt settle and see if I could see it. After a minute I saw the glow of my ounce and a half medallion and almost passed out. Convinced there was a chain attached I carefully scooped it off the bottom and brought it up where it morphed into a challenge coin-no chain. Distance was its best quality! Its going to be awhile to get over this one.

PHOTO-2019-12-23-14-17-25.jpg

Upvote 19
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice congrats! :occasion14:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Very nice looking challenge coin. I notice it is a ways away from its hometown. I will PM you my address so you can kindly return it to its rightful geography when it is convenient for you [emoji23]

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Actually the Trailblazers have now moved to Portland, Oregon washingtonian. I'm pretty sure you knew that too.

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
IMG_2500.JPG
Actually the Trailblazers have now moved to Portland, Oregon washingtonian. I'm pretty sure you knew that too.
I should have shown the reverse, I don't think it has anything to do with sports teams.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did a quick search and found info on the Washington Trailblazers. A volunteer group of conservationists. Maybe related. Unique find!

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That makes sense.

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a US Army challenge coin. Given to someone in recognition of excellence. Given by the Battalion Commander and Command sergeant Major. Someone did real good to get that! To Bad they lost it. Screenshot_20191227-134355_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions