What's new

Change back

Trapper340

Full Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2016
Messages
244
Reaction score
650
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick up some cold refreshments after work and got this back today 1475793398805-662946516.webp
 
Upvote 28
Sweet a steelie
 
Very cool- don't see many of those in circulation- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
"Fine condition" the coin is valued at 30 cents. I like that math!
 
An unusual find and the condition amazes me.
 
I pull lots of wheats out of the register at work That's a nice one are all 43s steel Thanks for the post!
 
I pull lots of wheats out of the register at work That's a nice one are all 43s steel Thanks for the post!

I've got no idea I'm still really green on this stuff, but I'm learning from you people
 
Haven't seen one of those in circulation since...ever! LOL. Congrats, Trapper. ~Lisa & John
 
Trapper it is steel isn't it? Check it with a magnet. If it's not magnetic you really have something.
 
Trapper it is steel isn't it? Check it with a magnet. If it's not magnetic you really have something.

That's what I was going to say
Not all 43's are steel
 
If it was a 43 copper you'd be rich
 
So, about those refreshments....
6, 12, or 24.....
 
Come on trapper340 let us know about the magnet
 
Just goes to show the war wasn't really that long ago. :icon_thumright:
 
The penny appears to be copper or copper plated to me. The magnet test will say for sure, but if it's a copper issue then that's worth a pretty penny. You guys are right that a coin like that does not show up in circulation normally even if it's only steel. Often times would be burglars don't know the values of the coins they've stolen and wind up spending them at face value. I've seen some rarer or great condition older coins at times when I was in retail many years ago. Even silver coinage can get dumped by thieves who don't know any better.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom