What's new

Hand full of change and a nice ring

Digging Prayers

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
188
Golden Thread
0
I went back to a park where I previously found a couple silver dimes today. I went into Cherry pick mode. I set the D2 at 14khz, 3 tone. About my fourth find, I pulled what appeared to be a flaking junke ring out. I did find a 925 stamp on it but decided to check it out later. Once I got home and cleaned it up, it weren't a junker. Made for a good hunt.

IMG_20260717_213303.webp


IMG_20260717_210821.webp


IMG_20260717_210733.webp


f0901916-3200-4c67-a2c1-087555d008d1.webp


20260717_202420.webp
 
Upvote 22
Thank you.
This ended up being a 925 base ring with gold plating on it. When I looked at it closer, with the jewlers glass, you can see the old flakes. When I looked at the "finds" picture I took, I could clearly see the gold on it before I washed off all the dirt.
 
Last edited:
Nice ring. The script 'D' maker mark is for Danecraft of Rhode Island, registered in 1979. I didn't check extensively, but there may be another registration that covers rings, which may not have the same date.

Screenshot 2026-07-18 215045.webp


This trademark is still live, but with the current owner listed as American Exchange Time LLC, who bought Danecraft in September 2023.
 
I went back to a park where I previously found a couple silver dimes today. I went into Cherry pick mode. I set the D2 at 14khz, 3 tone. About my fourth find, I pulled what appeared to be a flaking junke ring out. I did find a 925 stamp on it but decided to check it out later. Once I got home and cleaned it up, it weren't a junker. Made for a good hunt.

View attachment 2260027

View attachment 2260028

View attachment 2260029

View attachment 2260030

View attachment 2260031
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom