What's new

Charleston Police button (Scovill MFG Co Waterbury)! Flat Button and buckle?

Stef45

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
781
Reaction score
1,228
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a new site today w/ VMI. I told him not to dig any Hibernians before I got there. We were on some old ground for sure but we weren't really pulling any good relics yet. Got rained on and kept at it. I got an iffy signal but it started to repeat so i dug it. Out pops this Charleston Police button! Now we both really didn't know anything about it. Turns out i still really don't. So if anyone would like to help me out with getting more details that would be great. I'm thinking it might be rare. Lets hope! Either way its my first button other than a flat button that i have dug so I'm pretty pumped! Then i dug a little buckle VMI says it has something to do with a horse lol i dunno. Then of course at the end as VMI was by his truck i hit a good signal and out popped a Flat button! So yeah if any one knows more about the Charleston Police button please let me know and thanks VMI for letting me get in on some of the fun!

ps. Im not going to clean the button up anymore until I find out more about it.

image1.webpimage2.webpimage3.webpimage4.webpimage5.webpimage6.webpimage7.webp
 
Upvote 8
Hi; CNGRATULATIONS !!! Here the info. It is CONFEDERATE !!! Yes it is a Civil War Button. Value: $200 ?? I'd say it's RARE ok. PEACE:RONB

Charleston Police button
these buttons have been excavated in Confederate camps
Charleston City coat of arms has Charleston above and Police below *Scovill MF'G Co * Waterbury dm 18mm
found CS camp lowcountry of SC by Peter Eles
 
what a nice find you need to go back beat that place to death and if you need any help let me know! congrats
 
Glad you got to cherry pick my permission Stef lol in all seriousness that charleston police button is an outstanding find. Congrats on your first civil war button and a rare one at that.
 
Super nice confederate police button! I don't think I've ever seen one, very very cool!! Big congrats on an outstanding find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom