What's new

Charms made from pennies

paulb104

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came across these. It's two charm bracelets, where each charm was fashioned from wheat cents. The cents are still shiny, so I'm guessing these were done in the mid to late 1940's.

I love things like this. Lots of old treasures are neat, but they were made by machines. Someone made these by hand. No dremel, possibly even without power tools at all.

That's just cool.

20170227_131520.webp20170227_131536.webp20170227_131542.webp20170227_131552.webp20170227_131602.webp20170227_131614.webp20170227_131703.webp20170227_131728.webp20170227_131802.webp20170227_131816.webp20170227_131827.webp
 
So I'm still kind of new to the forum, less than a month.

I'm really surprised nobody has comments on these. Maybe they're just commonplace items and I'm just now seeing them for the first time?
 
I don't think I have seen anything quite like those. If you research hobo nickels, there is a precedent for this type of craft.
 
Oh, I'm well familiar with hobo nickels.

In fact, we need to sell these five. I haven't tried selling them online yet though.
0424.webp0425.webp0483.webp0484.webp1121.webp

There's also the potty dollar, and we have one of those remaining.
0573.webp

As I said, this is the type of thing I love because a person used their hands and skill to make them. Not a machine or an assembly line.
 
Last edited:
I have never seen charms made from wheat cents, very cool.
 
paulb104. There is really no other comment I can make other that I really Love that thing, it really is Unique, never seen anything like it. And as you said, someone had the skill to do it by hand, really DO like it.
 
these are great
 
very nice indeed......:hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom