What's new

Cheap detector for the beach?

Viddy

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
447
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heading to the Outer Banks, NC for vacation for a week. I rented a beach house and I am definately gonna hit the beach with my E-Trac. My GF will be using my AT Pro that she claimed.
My daughter and her friend are coming (both 17), and I wanted to get them a cheap detector that will work on the beach so they can come along. (I'll keep them in dry sand if needed).
I know some lower-end detectors are almost impossible to use on the beach with all the chatter and falsing.
Anyone know of any cheap detectors from White's, Fisher, Tesoro, Garrett, Minelab, Teknetics, etc that work good on the beach?.....
Cheap as in 'under $300' ...new under $300 or a used detector I can get for that price.
I just hate to pick something up for them and get down there and it just frustrates or is un-usable. At that point, it would be better not getting anything, you know?
Any suggestions or ideas would help... especially on detectors that you have used on the beach or heard they work pretty good.

Thanks in advance..

Viddy
 
Heading to the Outer Banks, NC for vacation for a week. I rented a beach house and I am definately gonna hit the beach with my E-Trac. My GF will be using my AT Pro that she claimed.
My daughter and her friend are coming (both 17), and I wanted to get them a cheap detector that will work on the beach so they can come along. (I'll keep them in dry sand if needed).
I know some lower-end detectors are almost impossible to use on the beach with all the chatter and falsing.
Anyone know of any cheap detectors from White's, Fisher, Tesoro, Garrett, Minelab, Teknetics, etc that work good on the beach?.....
Cheap as in 'under $300' ...new under $300 or a used detector I can get for that price.
I just hate to pick something up for them and get down there and it just frustrates or is un-usable. At that point, it would be better not getting anything, you know?
Any suggestions or ideas would help... especially on detectors that you have used on the beach or heard they work pretty good.

Thanks in advance..

Viddy

Your not going to find a detector under $300 that really works very well on the beach.... The ace 250 can be used there if you turn your sensitivity way down, it will still false a lot though... I would suggest you think about a used AT PRO, Sovereign GT or another good water detector.... Used they will still cost you close to $500... You will need a scoop to to recover your target......

Do you plan on hunting in the water or just the wet sand? Any detector will work in the dry sand, it is the wet sand and in the water where the problems are, the salt minerals are metal, detector thinks it sees metal every where....
 
Tesoro Silver Umax for the dry sand. :thumb_up:
 
You have an F2, an X-Terra, and a T2. Why are you even asking this question? You already have 3 perfect machines for them to use in the dry sand. :dontknow:
 
white's coin-master pro or coin-master check them out...at white's Electronic.com
 
I was also going to say that the dry is well sorted. The T2 will also work fairly well on the wet (but not up to Sovereign or CZ standard) if they ground balance themselves rather than use "fastgrab" and a slightly higher than usual discrimination level is used. Sensitivity will have to be set according to the conditions on the beaches you will be on. What you will have to do is find the best settings yourself if they haven't much experience and make a note of them as the detector isn't going to retain them when they switch off for a break.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom