Check out these Morgan $1

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got ten Dollars for Christmas. Six Peace, and four Morgans.

What do you think, and what would you estimate the condition to be with these two coins-

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That 1900 looks broadstruck to me, which has me curious about the other damage. The 1897-o is, well, a 1897-o. : )

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say about VF on the 1897 o, XF to AU details on the 1900 but the damage kind of kills that, and it looks like it may have been cleaned too. I don't think it was broadstruck, if there is reeding on the edge then definitely no.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Super nice gifts to get for Christmas. Right size, right color, and you don't have to stand in a long line to exchange them.
Did your Grandmother give them to you? These look like coins that were taken from circulation in the early 1960's.
I used to get a roll now and then from my neighborhood bank with my paper route money. They were just a $1 back then.
Most of what I saw from that bank were 1921 Morgans and 1922/2 Peace dollars. A few old ones, but usually heavily worn or beat up.
I sure wish I could have kept mine. I had to spend them to eat. They are really neat coins. Thanks for sharing with us.
Phil

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must be Errors. !
they appear to be Minted with the face looking Down instead of to the Left :laughing7:

that 1900 looks like it's been chewed on.

But the 1897 is Nice :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom's hoard from grandma's mom. Grandma's mom probably got from a grandpa 'cause that was back before we let women own property.:laughing7:

Did you see the die crack on the '97-o? Not sure if it adds value or not. IMO it takes away from the beauty of it all.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have some better dates and/or conditions, they're just worth their silver value plus a slight premium for being silver dollars.

S

stefen

Nice presents regardless of condition...

Hope y'all thanked yur momma

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Coins are an Awesome Gift Any day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread