What's new

Chinese Cash Coin ID confirmation needed

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,656
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Here is what I was able to get through the Internet

Ch'ien Leng T'ung Pao emperor

Boo-Ciowan

1736-1795

This is my first one so just looking for some backup on my ID'ing skills.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0249.webp
    IMG_0249.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0250.webp
    IMG_0250.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 330
Nice find , but I would not know one Chinese coin from the next .

Mackaydon I like your pic of your two best finds . Yep family is the best !
 
Upvote 0
I found a 1723 qing dynasty coin last year and found that they are worth less maybe $5.00 lots of them come back to the states after world war II GI's were collecting foreign coins.
nice find!! good luck!!
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Right, the historic and educational value of these coins usually far exceeds their numismatic value.

Yep, having seen these here in the past I understand the limited numismatic value,

However this find is fabulous for me, since it may help me identify and date the Buddha I found in this topic.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,384340.0.html

At first I thought the Buddha wasn't that old, but the Chinese coin was found within about 5 feet of where the Buddha was found opens up a ton of interesting questions.

and thanks for all the replies, I do appreciate all the input. You guys and gals are great.

:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
The EZ looking figure at top makes this emperor EZ to ID :tongue3: Nice find :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Not to debunk your theory but these coins are definitely no way to date a site.We literally dig hundreds out here(I am at 72 for the year)and all pre date 1800(most date to the 1600's),all of which came from 1850-1860- sites
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom