What's new

Chinese cash coin

NGE

Silver Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this a few years ago, and since I've been posting on T-Net, I've noticed that there are some experts here that can tell me what it is and what they are worth. Well, have at it y'all......NGE
 

Attachments

  • chinese cash coin #1.webp
    chinese cash coin #1.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 267
  • chinese cash coin #2.webp
    chinese cash coin #2.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 267
  • size reference.webp
    size reference.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 255
Found it! Thank you PBK......NGE During the Kuang-hsu period the first machine made cash coins of China were struck. They were struck in a very yellow brass, and tend to be very well made, but do not appear to have been too popular as they are normally seen with very little wear on them, showing they did not circulate widely. Most were made in the Kwangtung province, and were probably first struck in 1889.




it is exactly the same as mine
 
Upvote 0
They must have made a billion of those things for the billion plus people. I found one but it is different than yours
 
Upvote 0
Sure did, at a school called Botsford middle school.....NGE
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom