Chocolate brown rocks

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Been finding these on a job where we are having to dig...the shiny part is was caught my eye and then I loaded up on them lol I do not know what they are but thought the color was beautiful...have many more but these were taken while on the site in daylight
040.JPG

041.JPG

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice.. Your learning. In this case it could be a very dark form of citrine.. Or Smokey quartz.. If the crystals look more like rootbeer.. (color wise) then they could be aptly called "Root Beer Smokey Quartz" Which can range from the colors seen above to almost black. I'll post a pic on twit later.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be more the color of it than chocolate..Not many have big enough crystals to see but more tiny micro ones...I will try to get better close ups of it..Play with my settings to where my camera will not blur out on me and post them...I am trying to find where they came from on the job site when I am able to wander off lol..I did find one that is sort of whitish with the same tiny crystals on it...will post it after I take photo of it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread