What's new

CHR in New England

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Haven't seen to many posts from my fellow New Englanders lately. Must be experiencing the same luck I have.
The dime boxes which pretty much always gave up a little something are now being replaced with more frequent skunk boxes. They still out perform the half dollar boxes which are abysmal.
It is very difficult to get hand rolled halves at any of the banks. Mostly loose halves that have been picked through by tellers.
Impossible to get bagged halves. I still have one bank that will give up bagged dimes. Never asked but I'm sure I could get quarters as well from them.
The tellers are as miserable as ever. Some of these $#!+heads ask me for 20 types of ID just to buy a box of dimes. Returning coins is a nightmare.
I'm not quite ready to give up yet as I have a yet to reach my goal of aquiring the elusive "DREAM BOX". I know there is one out there with my name on it. It should be easy to get as my standards have been humbly lowered as to what I consider a dream box these days. 30 40%?
A dozen 90's would do.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Rich man why have you given up on the road trips? They seemed to do alright for you. Keep it up with the dimes and if I were you I would hit up nickels because you may still be in nickel silver country. Have you tried asking about the 2009 coins. I am making bank on those babies. It is worth it believe me. Just go on a road trip and try asking about 2009 coins as well as halves.

Golden Silver
 
havent been hunting much lately here in ct. Which state are you in?
 
Hey Rich man why have you given up on the road trips? They seemed to do alright for you. Keep it up with the dimes and if I were you I would hit up nickels because you may still be in nickel silver country. Have you tried asking about the 2009 coins. I am making bank on those babies. It is worth it believe me. Just go on a road trip and try asking about 2009 coins as well as halves.

Golden Silver

GS,

The road trips have become very unproductive. The tellers are scooping up everything, even the 40%. It has become very tough returning coins to the banks as well,so I really don't want to pick up large dumps. I get enough to dump from the lousy boxes.
I will have an inside track on the 2009 boxes within a within the next month so I may give that a go.
 
havent been hunting much lately here in ct. Which state are you in?

Eggbag,

I'm in CT.
 
I'm in VT. My luck has dropped off lately but it keeps trickling in, one here, two there. I've been looking through all denominations from pennies to halves. Occasionally I do road trips, But I mostly get my coin from a bank I'm on good terms with. Good luck.
 
Things are slowing here in Maine. Too many searchers looking for too few coins. Had a couple nice finds last month including two 70-d but the boxes have fallen off the cliff. I'm guessing my past year's searching has caught up with me. If you were thinking of taking a road trip this way I would say don't bother, might not cover the gas. I've done most areas here and usually hear the same thing - "someone was just here asking". I'm guessing it will take a year for them to reload as I've dumped over 400,000 halves directly into the bank system. I'm starting to hit the auctions and yard sales more. As for 2009 coins I scored a few DC quarters and some rolls of the Presidential dollars but nothing else. The log cabin cents haven't even made it here and all the banks say they won't be getting any.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom