Christmas Eve outing

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Marine son and family made it in from Okinawa this Christmas. Even though he is Force Recon, the girls have never been around civilians that possess firearms. He insisted that the girls shoot something. The Mom is from N.Z. and wasn't too keen on the idea, but gave in to keep peace in the family. The 17yr old took to the .22 Henry like a duck to water. The P.38 Walters was O.K. and the .45 was BIG, LOUD,& BUCKED, plus it dumped hot brass down her sweater. The little Henry was a little big for the 7yr old.
My wife found this camera in the trash at work, complete with charger. After we got back, I noticed the brass in the air when my son fired the .45. Pretty good for a throw away.
sorry to go so long...I'm proud of them. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• P.38.JPG
    P.38.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 481
  • Brass in the air.JPG
    Brass in the air.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 471
  • Chan .45.JPG
    Chan .45.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 478
  • JadeHenry.JPG
    JadeHenry.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 599

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad they made it in for Christmas. Watch out, those kids will be able to outshoot you before you know it!

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures! Always good to take people out to learn how to fire a weapon. Diggin the 1911. What brand is it by the way? I actually have 2 myself :)

Sluice Box

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Sluice Box.
Actually it is a Ballester Molina"Havdasta" Mfg. 1948 They are Argintine Military hybreds. The top is mostly 1911 married to a Star lower. I installed a match bushing, ace trigger shoe, modified bo-mar sights, and a wraparound grip that my Army son picked up in Grenada. They wouldn't let him bring the pistol back, so he stripped the grips and dumped the rest overboard.
These Ballester Molinas were available B.C. (before clinton) for $79.00 shipped. I bought four. 1 to shoot and three for parts. Never needed parts so I have sold or traded the three over the years. Reliable? it will feed empty brass from any magazine. I have won a few Bulls Eye matches with it back when I could see well.

Attachments

• sand_bag.jpg
    sand_bag.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 288

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, yeah cause the slide sure did look as if it was a 1911. It's a nice pistol though that seems to be pretty accurate and for a BAD ass deal I would have bought more then one myself. And yeah that sucks about your son not being able to bring back that pistol. I actually ran into the same situation with an AK that I had managed to should I say aquire over time, well yeah no way able to send it back from Afghan, so I was only able to keep was the mags unfortunately.

Sluice Box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread