What's new

Chrotal bells

smr1000

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
nokta legend
I've never found a chrotal bell, and in the span of an hour, I found two, though far apart.
They both are somewhat different. The first one has the typical appearance that I've seen on this site. Number 4 marked.

The second one has only 2 holes and has a mark of HB which I've researched and could be from Hiram or Hubbard Barton.
Seems to have the number 1 stamped.
Any ideas of the ages?
Thanks for your expertise.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5537.webp
    IMG_5537.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5540.webp
    IMG_5540.webp
    637.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5541.webp
    IMG_5541.webp
    744.4 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 17
Congratulations on the 2 great looking Crotal Bells.
I've probably dug over a hundred now over the years, that span 400 yrs.
There's no other relic you can clean out the dirt, shake it, and it bring the bell back to life a hundred(s) of years of laying silent.

You're probably correct on the ID of the one bell.
Screenshot_20260111_135517_Chrome.webp


 
Those are great finds. I have found quite a few of them. I love finding them
 
I've never found a chrotal bell, and in the span of an hour, I found two, though far apart.
They both are somewhat different. The first one has the typical appearance that I've seen on this site. Number 4 marked.

The second one has only 2 holes and has a mark of HB which I've researched and could be from Hiram or Hubbard Barton.
Seems to have the number 1 stamped.
Any ideas of the ages?
Thanks for your expertise.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
A big congrats on finding your first Crotal Bells !
 
Congrats on your first Crotal bells.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom