What's new

Circle roller game stones ?

rls2040

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
180
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Looking for some help on identifying the two stones,any comments would be appreciated. Number one shows wear marks under magnification and good light.Number two shows wear marks all around the sides,need no magnification to see them , they are easily visible.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2348302349.webp
    image-2348302349.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3870612571.webp
    image-3870612571.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-780069202.webp
    image-780069202.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2973280244.webp
    image-2973280244.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 118
  • image-58008069.webp
    image-58008069.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1961008591.webp
    image-1961008591.webp
    36 KB · Views: 107
  • image-375949501.webp
    image-375949501.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2581703262.webp
    image-2581703262.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Nice flint nodules. Not worked as far as I can see. Post them in the rock forum and somebody will tell you what type of rock they are. HH, rock
 
They don't looked worked at all but they looking like they have been rolled along the ground, I certainly don't know,they may just be rocks, thanks for telling me about rock forum...Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
They don't looked worked at all but they looking like they have been rolled along the ground, I certainly don't know,they may just be rocks, thanks for telling me about rock forum...Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

No problem and I didnt mean any disrespect on your post. Could of been used as a hammer but they do look natural. I pick those up once in a while. Ill show you some nodules I pick up. These are natural but look nice.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4388.webp
    100_4388.webp
    164.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_3462.webp
    100_3462.webp
    158.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_3792.webp
    100_3792.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Rock.no disrespect taken from your reply at all. Just never seen rocks like these.i have searched the internet for small tools, etc and I ran up on a picture that looked very similar,the site called it a "Circle Roller Game Ball" was used to roll along the ground,like a rabbit at a sporting clays range,the Native American would shot at it will bows and arrows or spears . Rock number 2 has a very visible wear ring on the outer edge,number 1 has one also but not as pronounced ,seemed reasonable to me that they might one of them,however a hammer stone would make the same wear marks.I have some other hammer stones but they have wear marks on one end. I am.a Registered Land Surveyor and have been picking artifacts up for over 45 years but just recently found the time to identify them and organize them by use and geological period and where I found them,it has been a big task but I have enjoyed every minute of it.Trying my best not to represent anything incorrectly and when I am wrong I welcome someone to teach me ,no criticism or disrespect ever bothers me,I want to learn...Thank you for taking time to respond and I value your comments! Best Wishes, Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Carl the 1st one looks to be a crude game stone and the 2nd one looks to be what I call a pecking stone, used to peck items in to different shapes or it could be a hammer stone. You are right they did have a game where they rolled stone's along the ground to see who's spear or sharp stick got close to it, most folks call them chunky stone's. Good finds and a good eye.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom