GioTheGreek
Bronze Member
I managed to drag out Ace for a hunt today in his area. We went door knocking, and had mixed results. Permission was granted on a couple of sweet properties, but unfortunately, the ground was mostly altered... We managed to sniff out a few items though. I found a little brass ring that I gave to the owner, but I couldn't give this one up.
I thought this was an American seal of some sort, but it turns out to be the city arms of Leeds. There's even some numbers scratched into the back that I can't make out.
Ace found the match and a couple of examples from the UK.
https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/414848
Cloth Seal, Leeds, Stars on Shield


I've done a number on a field that I'm bringing him to on Friday. Hopefully he can sniff out a nice silver or two.
Happy hunting.
I thought this was an American seal of some sort, but it turns out to be the city arms of Leeds. There's even some numbers scratched into the back that I can't make out.
Ace found the match and a couple of examples from the UK.
https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/414848
Cloth Seal, Leeds, Stars on Shield


I've done a number on a field that I'm bringing him to on Friday. Hopefully he can sniff out a nice silver or two.

Happy hunting.
Upvote
14








