What's new

Civil war artifact? Stan phillips excavated artifacts book

michell54

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone could help me? I currently can't afford the book, Stan Phillips Excavated Artifacts, book but I only need something identified. This is a photo of what I bought. Not the bullet, the "eagle" object. I was told it was a 'drum tensioner' If anyone has a photo of this or something similar from the book or is an expert on artifacts please help? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Sterling silver drumtension.webp
    Sterling silver drumtension.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 2
Hard to say without my books in front of me. A Google search, however, brings up your exact picture on EBay as well as at least one other website.
 
First of all I'm no expert but I have seen a couple of the drum tensioners , yours seems a bit smaller compared to them. I will check my books and post if I find anything. I do now that most Army regulation drums were painted with the U.S coat of arms and most military drums didn't have any insignia or decoration. Here is an example of the only ones I've seen.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450319690.301663.webp Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
 
Last edited:
NOT SURE BUT WELCOMEE NEW MEMBER . IT WONT TAKE LONG BEFORE SOMEONE INDENTIFIES IT ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom