What's new

Civil War buttons? But are they the real deal?

Ace 350

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
260
Reaction score
421
Golden Thread
0
Location
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 and XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webpimage.webp
I found these two buttons in Michie, TN today. There was an Civil War re-enactmemt nearby so I'm thinking that these two buttons came off an re-enactment soldier a few years ago. I have my doubts about these buttons being the real deal. If anyone has any input that would be great. The backmarks on the buttons have which looks like an N in a shield.
 
Upvote 4
Also , the front of the buttons have the word " Excelsior " written on it.
 
Hate to tell you but they are not civil war era, sorry.
 
Yeah , I figured so .... Oh well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom