Civil war discharge paper 10 Sept 1864

rootdigger

Aug 5, 2007
Does anyone know a value on this document? Eagle ?? discharge paper on a union soldier from Ohio. A sergeant of Captain Wesley E? Guthries??? can't really read the names with a question mark. Company E. 81st Regiment, of Ohio Infantry Volunteers.
Discharged at East Point, GA. Tenth day of September 1864, signed by Wm. Clay Henry Captain.
Thanks! The photo's should show it's condition in full.. looked on Ebay, big differences in value's..

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 3,556
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,578
B

BIG61AL

I have actually seen one of these before. The owner has it appraised and in was only $50. I would say to hang on to it and not try to sell it. Besides it would more valuable as a display than a sale for money.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Sell it to Cindy McCain as a surprise birthday gift for John. siegfried schlagrule

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hold onto your butt. :o In my collection of research books is a 2 volume set called Ohio in the War by Whitelaw Reid and on page 463 is the 81st Ohio Roster. It doesn't name Sgt's but it does show the officers named on the document plus included is the campaign that the 81st Ohio was involved in. Should add value to your document. I will send the campaign via email to you as it'd probably eat up too much of this website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread