Civil war fuse? Artillery expert needed.

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to spot where I found a few bullets. Found this. It's not iron, more likely brass. Hope springs eternal! IMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0280.JPG

Upvote 9
Definitely looks like a fuse to me. Nice find.

HH RN

would tell the inmates---"if ya' got 'em, light 'em", OR---fire at WILL

Pretty fired up. Been digging for about 2 years. Found some bullets but not much else. Mostly small campgrounds but came across this spot. Research showed that there was a skirmish involving artillery. I have a couple of spots mark as targets that were about 2 feet deep and I really didn't have time or energy to dig that big a hole but I tell you I will be digging this weekend coming.

Pretty fired up. Been digging for about 2 years. Found some bullets but not much else. Mostly small campgrounds but came across this spot. Research showed that there was a skirmish involving artillery. I have a couple of spots mark as targets that were about 2 feet deep and I really didn't have time or energy to dig that big a hole but I tell you I will be digging this weekend coming.
You definitely need to check those signals. I found a Cannonball once at 18". After finding the fuse, it wouldn't surprise me if there is at least fragments there. Good luck!

HH RN

Well, I dug that deep signal near the fuse I found. Don't think it's much. Like a piece of plate ironIMG_0619.JPG

Look within 100 feet and dig ALL signals, do not discriminate. Other pieces are likely to be nearby.

nice find! the one I dug I threw in the trash pile and my hunting partner got it out and said I had dug a naval fuse, lesson learned when in doubt dont throw it out lol congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back