What's new

Civil war lead ingot?

Geecheehunter

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in our yard in Tennessee. I know Andrew Jackson came through our property and led the horses to Stones River. Does anyone know if this is from the civil war? Possibly from Indians that acquired in a trade? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • D9A33935-90D3-4A34-BE62-BDBB4D2EB16C.webp
    D9A33935-90D3-4A34-BE62-BDBB4D2EB16C.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 79C93DE5-5910-4207-9885-BCA565B63CBD.webp
    79C93DE5-5910-4207-9885-BCA565B63CBD.webp
    146 KB · Views: 89
  • AECDC05F-C4CA-40FD-9920-CD4B7D2536A0.webp
    AECDC05F-C4CA-40FD-9920-CD4B7D2536A0.webp
    199.6 KB · Views: 112
Looks like a plumbing pipe plug.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like someone melted lead into a tin can. Most lead from the civil war era has a light colored patina on it, although your soil could be different. It just doesn't look that old to me.
 
Upvote 0
I take back the part about being melted into a tin can. After I enlarged it, I see it was eight sided at one time.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom