What's new

Civil War McClellan Pommel Shield

Ed_DE

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
731
Reaction score
3,711
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I found this saddle shield I didn't know what it was and thought it was just more junk that I always find and put it in my bag with my cow tag & lip stick tube. It wasn't till I got home and did a goggle search did I find out it was a Civil War McClellan Pommel saddle shield. It was found in south east Pennsylvania at a 1700's house. No Civil war activity ever took place where it was found and it's my first Civil war relic that I ever found.


IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1475.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1474.webp
    IMG_1474.webp
    382.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1477.webp
    IMG_1477.webp
    536.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Upvote 36
When I found this saddle shield I didn't know what it was and thought it was just more junk that I always find and put it in my bag with my cow tag & lip stick tube. It wasn't till I got home and did a goggle search did I find out it was a Civil War McClellan Pommel saddle shield. It was found in south east Pennsylvania at a 1700's house. No Civil war activity ever took place where it was found and it's my first Civil war relic that I ever found.


View attachment 2174550View attachment 2174551
That's a really cool piece of history.
Congrats on the recovery.

 
Outstanding Achievement Ed..
Voting Banner on your shield
Thanks for posting
 
That's a really cool piece of history.
Congrats on the recovery.

Thanks pepperj, a lot of good information there on the McClellan shields. I was able to find a picture of one on the saddle.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1479.webp
    IMG_1479.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 61
Great find, I like that Saddle shield.
 
When I found this saddle shield I didn't know what it was and thought it was just more junk that I always find and put it in my bag with my cow tag & lip stick tube. It wasn't till I got home and did a goggle search did I find out it was a Civil War McClellan Pommel saddle shield. It was found in south east Pennsylvania at a 1700's house. No Civil war activity ever took place where it was found and it's my first Civil war relic that I ever found.


View attachment 2174550View attachment 2174551
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom