What's new

Civil War Medallion?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this afternoon. Only thing I could find online was a listing on eBay under Civil War medals but there is no description. Can't find anything else. Thanks for the assist!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20181124_1426464.webp
    IMG_20181124_1426464.webp
    302.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20181124_1426520.webp
    IMG_20181124_1426520.webp
    322 KB · Views: 87
I'm kinda not thinking USA civil war. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
Now that Is way to cool.
Can't help on an ID, but I love it...
Congrats
 
Upvote 0
doing a google and google image search using the term 'our nation's defenders' I came across two identical pieces. They were both referred to as GAR medals, but had no other information.
 
Upvote 0
doing a google and google image search using the term 'our nation's defenders' I came across two identical pieces. They were both referred to as GAR medals, but had no other information.

Found those as well...just looking for positive confirmation at this point...
 
Upvote 0
Just found this...same front, different reverse.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20181125-111653~2.webp
    Screenshot_20181125-111653~2.webp
    122.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20181125-111643~4.webp
    Screenshot_20181125-111643~4.webp
    132.3 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
Yep, maybe looking at the “barber head” it could be from the 1890’s or early 1900’s???? cuz that sure looks like Yankee infantry to me
 
Upvote 0
What ever it is P love it tokens are my favorite thing to find Well done
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom