Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another hunt, another Indian....and much more. Some showers during this morning's park detecting, and the finds were slow to come in the first couple hours, but I finished with three deep finds in a row: 1904 V-nickel, 1916S Barber dime, and what looks like a Civil War naval button. Items were diverse, again, with a jewelry piece and a watch winder.
button.jpg Coins.jpg pin and ww.jpg

Upvote 4

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, its always nice to get out!!!! I hope the button is Cival War I found one in Colorado too. Love the watch winder!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Button Back Marks
According to the above site (& I know its wrong in some places) the backmark isn't going to help much; 1849-1965
waterbury button co.
To me it has that post-CW look, but its not that clear to me if its Military or one of the Civvy Blazer type. I look forward to someone with a book pinning down the type & year.....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling those quality finds from a park. What was the average depth of those finds? I have hit all parks and old school grounds in my area in a 30 mile radius of my house. Only one has produced anything close to the turn of the century. Heck I am lucky to pull a wheat from them in a hunt.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L-D, The park I've been hitting is about 30 miles from home. Due to it's age, it is a "time warp" experience hunting there. The indian, the button and the V-nickel were all about 11 inches deep and no pinpointer signal once the initial 7-inch plug is out, so I've had to get more soil out to even hear the target. Exciting prospect hunting there!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crusader, thanks for your research. The button diameter is 18 mm. I'll let you know if more details surface. There were many varieties to this type of button.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggingthe1, You're right. It was great to get out and even better when the rain stopped. Big park and it was as if I had the whole place to myself...no other detectorists, just folks walking through and some conversations with passers-by curious of how the hunt was going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread