What's new

Civil War Relic In Amazing Condition!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2014
Messages
4,479
Reaction score
12,344
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this really neat looking three-pronged fork today. When I spotted it among the heaps of junk at the dump I knew it was special.
It is made of wood, pewter, and steel.

My research indicates that it is over 150 years old, dating back to the American Civil War. Though a bit rusty it is in remarkable condition.
The wooden handle is connected to the steel prongs by a pewter inlay in the shape of a three leaf clover. My first Civil War fork, and it's a lucky one! So happy! :D

I read that these were used by both Union and Confederate soldiers:
Z 20150714_184952 3.webp
Pewter clover inlay:
Z 20150714_184849 2.webp
There is some rust on it and the handle is dried out and separating on the inside, but it is still in remarkable condition for its age:
Z 20150714_184757 2.webpZ 20150714_184841 2.webp
 
Upvote 55
Maybe a better title would have been "150 year old fork is rescued"! :hello: It is a nice fork where ever it was used.

I agree, next time I will be more accurate and specific :angel7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom