What's new

Red hits the motherload

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
7,400
Reaction score
2,687
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, I'm so sorry it's been awhile, I've been keeping busy with chiropractor appointments, garden work when I can and detecting, and jewelry projects. I hope your all doing great and are surviving the weather. We've only received under an inch since May, thank goodness we have the river nearby!
We got out very early, and we were so happy that it was a little cloudy and cool, as it's been in the high nineties for over a week, every time we go to the river, we have to put out fires in logs, especially the ones near tree's, and grass that are very dry now, the blackberries are ripening now!
Saturday after watching the news, we learned a young man had lost his life in the river, near a popular spot the younger people go, we decided to go to a different area, as the sheriffs and divers were looking for him that morning. The river is wide and a few miles long, so we thought we were safe going to the farthest away from them as we could. The water was extremely low, and we eagerly started swinging after our good luck kiss, LOL lots of pictures 639.webp lots of pictures 637.webp the osprey have two in the nest, they got kind of skittish when Chug got closer to them, both parents were focused on him, they would stretch out their wings making themselves look huge! They are gorgeous birds, and it is so cool to watch them catch a fish out of the water, such graceful birds!
As we got around the corner, we saw the boats, and divers, as we sat and rested on a log under a tree, we talked about if we were going to go down the beach any further. We decided to not go farther, out of respect for what was going on, Chug went down to the water, and using his scoop he made a line going from the water up to the tree's, neither of us went over it, there was a cameraman from one of the news channel's filming what was happening.
Going back the way we had come, we both stayed in the water, oh, I forgot to tell you, Chug got me a really cool present!!!! lots of pictures 658.webp isn't she pretty? My very own scoop so I can search the water without having to wait for Chug to come and scoop up what I found, btw, thank you sweetie, your awesome! I did great on clad, I found $1.73, Chug got this awesome car lots of pictures 646.webp it kept coming up silver, he must have scooped I don't know how many times before he finally got it, YAY! I found another towel, this one is nice and thick and big, after being washed a couple of times, it will go right into the cabinet! I know, what can I say, we haven't had to buy towels since I've been detecting!
laughing7.gif
I found this cool pipe, lots of pictures 660.webp lots of pictures 661.webp, nails and of course garbage.
There is a large area we love to hit when the water is very low, and negative low, Chug kicked my butt with all the grey matter he dug lots of pictures 656.webp and he scored with this beauty! lots of pictures 659.webp
We were walking around, slowly scanning and walking when we saw the boats going by us, they had found the young man. Now some of you might laugh, but I can see and feel spirits, Chug can to once in a while. Anyway, peace came over us, I can't explain it, things just felt different. About a half hour later, Chug found this coin, lots of pictures 655.webp and I found pennies. I was in to almost my knees, the water lapping gently around me, the tiny little yellow birds flitting around the water when it happened.............
Buttercup started singing, she trilled up and down a few times, then I had a strong silver/quarter signal, you know what that mean's, I'm digging it! I had a hard time getting through the first layer, I had to dig through rocks, silt, mud and sand. My first scoopful, nothing. So I pinpoint again with buttercup, dig down, strike two. I still was getting a good solid tone, so down I went again with small waves stirring up the sand........untitled omg wtf.webp At first I thought it was a token, I kept looking at it and couldn't make out much, so I put it in my pocket. Chug had been watching me, so he waded over to me and asked what I had found. "I don't know" I answered, he asked to see it so I pulled it out and handed it to him, he looked down, said a few words, of which I cannot say here, &#+*@*! you get the idea, then he says, "You found a silver dollar!" I looked at him, "No" Chug was so excited, proud and pissed, he has always wanted to find one, it's on his bucket list! lots of pictures 632.webp lots of pictures 631.webp This is how it looked after I rinsed it. When we got home, we took turns gently washing it with soap and a toothbrush. We tried peroxide next, lots of pictures 643.webp and got it to this point. now more is visible and we are so happy we can't stop talking about it. lots of pictures 645.webp lots of pictures 644.webp lots of pictures 642.webp From what we can see, it's a 1873 silver trade dollar, we are still gently cleaning it to see if we can get more detail. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would be lucky enough to find such an awesome coin! I still can't believe I found it, and to top off my day, I was up under the tree's checking some logs out. As I slowly looked up, I came eye to eye with this creature. lots of pictures 652.webp LOL yup, he is ceramic and concrete and weighs about ten pounds. I didn't think twice, that baby was coming home with us. I showed Chug when he came up for a rest break, I showed him this, and all he says is "If you want it, your carrying it" His name is Jonathan and I ended up wrapping him in the towel I found, then tying two hair kerchiefs through the knotted up towel, Chug thought it was hilarious. We cannot make this stuff up, we see, hear and dig stuff up, so many days we only find a few coins, and trash, once in a while, it is such a rush to dig up such an old coin, in the river, by myself! Thank you Chug for my new scoop, Hi Ho Silver, for without you, I never would have had such a wonderful and fun day!!!!
We are taking pictures as we clean the coin, to document our progress, and will keep you updated on it! Thank you for reading, take care, stay safe and HH! Red
hello.gif


P.S. We don't know the young man's name who passed, our deepest regrets go out to his family and friends, and our prayers, please, please be careful when your in the water, accidents happen so D*#@*d fast, too many people are losing their lives way too young. Chug and Red
 
Upvote 84
Nice story and a big congrats on your silver dollar! WOW! :notworthy:Thanks for sharing!
 
Congrats on that fantastic find. Nice post Red:thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on the big silver! Great story thank you for sharing.
 
GOT YOURSELF A NICE 58/59 THUNDERBIRD AND THE PIPE IS A CLASSIC IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND CONGRATS ON YOUR SIVER COIN .THE STORY WAS INTERESTING ALSO.
 
All I Can Say Is RED KICKED ASS!!! And Took Names This Weekend!!! HH Chug
 
You know - A Trade Dollar is a rather rare coin - 1873 narrows it down to either Seated Liberty or Trade - either of
these Silver Dollars have been so rarely seen here on T-net as a dug coin, that I would vote Banner in a heartbeat.
If you guys are able to safely clean this coin so that proper pictures of it can be posted I think it easily makes Banner !

(If you think I'm exagerating - consider this , I have seen more Draped Bust silver coins posted here than I have
either Seated Liberty Dollars , or certainly Trade Dollars in the time I've been on this site -July 2008 )
 
Last edited:
his coin is crusty It Might Take Awhile To Get More Details HH Chug
 
All I Can Say Is RED KICKED ASS!!! And Took Names This Weekend!!! HH Chug

Yes she did! I've always been inspired by the love shining through on your posts.... It couldn't happen to nicer folks..... God bless
 
Alright! Congrats on the honkin silver...:notworthy:
Keep on rockin you two.
 
Far out, a sweet pipe and a silver dollar! :occasion14:

Steve
 
Wow, A trade silver dollar no less! I hope you all can bring out more detail. Great find there.
 
Take your time cleaning that up - Wait for some expert advice on how to do it - there are a number of people here who can
steer you right !
 
Man o man; I hope that baby turns out to be good!!!! Awesome find. :occasion14:
 
Oh man, nothing like pulling that BIG silver!! Awesome find, can't wait to see it cleaned up
 
"but I can see and feel spirits, Chug can to once in a while."

A true Treasure Hunter.
 
Nice story and sweet finds, especially that silver trade dollar! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
that's a nice trade dollar, hope ya get some great detail off of it!
 
Nice story and congrats on the silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom