Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Don, the site you offered did explain it, NOW I understand. In those albums I recovered there are a lot of foreign stamps, I transferred them to a new album. As far as American, I am only going for the years the two albums covered, 1847 to 1966. I have been replacing some used stamps with Mint. because they are so very inexpensive, but keeping the used ones put away, and filling in what I do not have with both Mint and used, depending on what I'm willing to spend. Example being, I will never own say a Scott cat. # 2, an 1847 10c black for $12,000 Mint or the take home price of $1,995 used. Whereas the 1940's Commemoratives in Mint are cheap, such as a set of 1945 Commemoratives (13 stamps) sell for $4.95 in Mint. So....switch them out, and store the used. But I think you are already well aware of all this. Thanks again for the site, I now "get it". Dave

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your CSA stamp (#6) was issued in 1862 (12 million issued). It's worth about 3X more in used condition than in unused (like yours) condition. As is, I'd give it about a $10 retail value.
Don.....
Another pic:
D-s.jpg
Mackaydon, I have seen that on occasion, but why? is that, used CAN be worth more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread